'Bangers and Mashed' Burgers
Although technically Bangers and Mashed is a recipe using mashed potatoes and either beef or pork as the meat, why not combine the two and enjoy an imaginative take on comfort cuisine?
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1/2 lb(s) potatoes, grated
- 1/2 lb(s) ground pork
- 1/2 lb(s) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch(es) dried, crushed thyme
- 1 pinch(es) dried marjoram
- 4 toasted english muffins
'Bangers and Mashed' Burgers Directions
- In a large bowl, add the pork, beef, chives, lemon zest, peppers, thyme and marjoram and mix well. Make into 4 patties. Coat the outside of each burger with the grated potato.
- Over medium-high heat, in a large skillet, add the burger and cook on each side about 3-4 minutes, or until the potato crust begins to brown. Turn and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until burger is well done*. Now for those of you who wish to have a burger other than well done, simply grill over medium-high heat to your desired doneness. I just happen to love these burgers cooked through.
- Remove and served on toasted English muffins. top with Cheddar cheese if you wish or some Dubliner Cheese.