Crunchy Salmon Bites
Simple and just as deliciously welcomed as fancier prepared smoked salmon appetizers. Besides, I think the buttery flavor of inexpensive, round crackers pairs perfectly with fish so heave-ho to the fancy crisps and opt for a truly frugal, but better tasting base for your summer get together.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 12 ounce(s) smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 20 crackers of your choice
- 4 ounce(s) Neufchatal, Fontina or Brie cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- tablespoon(s) diced water chestnuts
- Freshly chopped or dried rosemary
Crunchy Salmon Bites Directions
- Mix the Neufchatal cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Lay out your crackers on a serving platter. Spoon equal amounts of cheese mixture onto each cracker. Top with a chunk of smoked salmon, followed by some water chestnuts and lastly a sprinkle of rosemary over the top. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.