Savory Blueberry Thumbprints
Combining New England favorites such as Cheddar cheese and blueberry chutney can only be described as sensational. Here in Maine, blueberry chutney can be found in many supermarkets, but if you have trouble finding it, look online. Try this addictive treat, knowing that you are benefiting your health at the same time.
For 15 Serving(s)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoon(s) cream or Brie, cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) blueberry chutney
Savory Blueberry Thumbprints Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, garlic, baking powder and salt. With an electric mixer, beat both cheeses and eggs until creamy, on high. Reduce speed to low and beat wet with the dry. It will be very thick so you may have to stir with a wooden spoon after a few seconds. Pinch off a 2-tablespoon amount of dough and roll it into a ball with the palms of your hands. If it is too wet and sticky, add a little flour or cornmeal at a time to make it manageable. Roll each ball in sugar, pressing it in firmly. Place balls on prepared cookie sheet an inch apart. Bake 10-11 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and immediately make an indent in the middle of each ball with a teaspoon. While still hot, place a teaspoon of chutney in these wells and let cool completely before eating.