Cheddar Crab Twice Baked Potatoes
Did I mention bacon as well?! The combination of bacon with.......well, just about anything makes it that much better, don't you agree? Cheesy, greasy, briny and delicious. This is truly a recipe for those who want to splurge. If desired, use 2(6-ounce)cans crabmeat, drained. It will save you money and with all the bacon and cheese going on, you won't even be able to tell the difference.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 3 russet potatoes
- 5 slices bacon, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) mnced garlic in oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 12 ounce(s) crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce, or try hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each caynenne and black pepper
Cheddar Crab Twice Baked Potatoes Directions
- Bake potatoes for 30-35 minutes on 375-degrees F, or until just softened. Remove to cool before cutting in half, lengthwise. Scoop out potato(reserving), leaving a half inch potato pulp all around in order to hold its shape while baking.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Mash potato pulp and add to a large bowl. In a large skillet, over medium heat. cook bacon, garlic, peppers and onions until vegetbles are softened and the bacon is cooked, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to bowl along with all other ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Evenly divide among the 6 potato shells. Place on a cookie sheet, or oven pan, and top with reserved cheese. Bake 20 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown. If you desire, remove stuffed potatoes to the broiler, at least 3-inches from the heat source, and brown for 1-3 minutes. Remove to serve immediately.