Crunchy candy canes in a soft cookie, spiced with orange and graham. What a treat! You choose which coating you want. Sugar for that Holiday rush or graham crackers for a less sweet, yet just as crunchy bite. Either way, these candy canes are a hit with children and adults alike.
For 14 Serving(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar, separated
- 2 teaspoon(s) orange extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- Nonstick cookie spray
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) crushed graham crackers
Santa's Favorites Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat butter and 1 cup sugar together until smooth and creamy. Reduce speed to low and beat in orange extract and egg until well combined. In another bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Slowly beat the flour mixture to the wet, on low, until well incorporated. Stir in crushed candy canes. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cookie spray. By the rounded tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll in the palm of your hands. Roll in crushed graham crackers or remainder of sugar and place on prepared pan. Continue with remaining cookie dough, leaving 3 inches between cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until they are crisp on bottom. Remove to cool slightly before transferring to rack or platter.