Summertime Outdoor Mussels
Sure, I love clams but when it comes to mussels....fahget 'bout it! I adore these succulently sweet mollusks, especially when they are combined with smoky ham, salty cheese and a spicy.......well, spice! Great for the outdoor picnic and any formal gathering. The crisp up[ beautifully while retaining the essence of the sea in every bite.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 1 lb(s) resh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 3 ounce(s) cooked, smoked ham of your choice, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried chives
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, unseasoned
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine., melted
Summertime Outdoor Mussels Directions
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. meanwhile bring mussels to a boil covered with water and adding the minced garlic, until shells open, about 2 minutes. Strain and remove mussel meat from the shells. Wash the shells clean and set aside. Chop mussel meat and add to a bowl with remainder of ingredients, mixing well. Equally divide the mussel mixture into as many halved mussel shells as able.
- Carefully place filled shells onto grill grate over indirect heat. Close lid and cook 6-8 minutes, or until hated through and the top is starting to crisp. Remove and serve with lemon wedges if desired.