The 'King' of Cookies
(Peanut Butter-Banana Crunch Cookies)
Yes, we all know Elvis adored his peanut butter and banana sandwiches but I bet you never had a cookie Yanked from his kitchen, have you? You have the smoothness of the peanut butter with the guilt-free crunch of banana chips baked together to treat your children after school. Better yet, hide 'em, wait till they go to bed, pour a glass of milk and have at it!
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
For 4 people
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1 cup(s) crushed, dried banana slices
The 'King' of Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl until well blended. Add the eggs, baking soda and vanilla; beating until light and fluffy. Blend in the flour and peanut butter until the dough is stiff and smooth.
- Stir in the crushed banana chips. Drop dough by the tablespoon onto ungreased(or parchment-lined) cookie sheet, flattening slightly and leaving about 2-inches between each mound. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until just barely done. Remove to cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.