Blackberry-Orange Crunch Pie
Just that little hint of orange juice livens this pie up enough so that you can get two different citrus tastes in one. the tartness of the lemon rind in the streusel topping is just.....well, icing on the pie!
Share This Recipe
For 6 people
- Pie pastry for a single 9-inch pie
- 6 cup(s) (1 3/4 pounds) blackberries
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoon(s) tablespons honey
- Stresuel Topping, recipe below
Blackberry-Orange Crunch Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spread the pasty onto a 9-inch pie plate, crimp if desired around the edges. In a large bowl, combine blackberries, sugar, cornstarch and orange juice so that all blackberries are coated. Remove to prepared pie pan and drizzle with honey. Top evenly with Streusel Topping, place onto a baking sheet and bake 50-55 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is crispy brown. If needed toward the end of the baking time and the topping is browning too fast, tent a piece of tin foil over the top to continue baking. Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly before serving.
- Streusel topping:
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Place the pie on the hot baking sheet in the oven and bake until the filling is bubbling, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the crust browns too quickly, cover it with foil and continue baking. Let the pie cool before serving.