Yankee Steamed Clams
Although I am very fond of simple steamed clams, I adore the flavor of garlic and shallot mingled with the briny mollusk. The vegetable broth, as well, lends itself perfectly without overpowering these sweet bi-valves. With a torn off piece of crusty bread to soak up any remaining juice at the bottom of the bowl is just a plus in my book!
For 4 people
- 2 lb(s) steamers
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic in oil
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable broth or clam juice*
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
Yankee Steamed Clams Directions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. When hot and sizzling, add the shallot and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the clams and broth, cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the clams open up. do not over cook. Shake the skillet very frequently to baste the clams with the seasoned broth.
- Remove from heat, pour entire contents into a large bowl and enjoy with parsley sprinkled over the top.
- *Clam juice is easily found in any supermarket in a small 6 ounce bottle.