Crispy Potato Kisses
Crispy, cheesy and soft as a cloud on the inside. These little gems are a great addition to your lunch, dinner, buffet or simply throw a pile in a bowl and munch away!
Share This Recipe
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes *
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 ounces your favorite cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Crispy Potato Kisses Directions
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat potatoes, milk, egg whites, cheese, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Continue beating with an electric mixer until as smooth as possible, adding more milk as needed in order to be able to pipe without clogging.
- Fit a star tip onto a pastry bag and fill halfway with potato mixture.
- Pipe desired-sized potato kisses onto prepared pan, leaving an inch between each mound. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned on the outside with that classic, dark tip on top of each.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- * It is simply too hard to judge how many individual potatoes you would need, but it will amount to about 1 1/2 pounds....if that helps you. If you are using leftover mashed potatoes, skip the salt and pepper but you still may need to add enough milk so that it will be 'soft' enough to pipe.
- Makes about 30 one inch Kisses