Simple Crunchy Caramel Cookies
Want the crunch of your very own, homemade caramel in a soft cookie? If you can boil water, you can make these beautifully flavorful cookies for the Holidays!
Share This Recipe
For 1 Batch(es)
- Caramel Crunch:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cookie Dough:
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 stick(1/2-cup)butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Simple Crunchy Caramel Cookies Directions
- Start by making your homemade Caramel Crunch. Line a pan with foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add granulated sugar to a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Melt sugar, stirring a couple times so sugar melts evenly. When it has completely melted, stop stirring. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and immediately pour onto foil-lined pan. Tilt pan so that it runs and thins out. Set aside to cool and harden for about 30 minutes. When hard, remove caramel from foil and break into small pieces; set aside.
- Line a sheet or cookie pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cream the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer until as smooth as possible.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and baking soda to another bowl and blend well. Add to butter mixture and continue to beat until well incorporated. It will be thick. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Scoop out 2-tablespoon measures of cookie dough onto prepared pan, leaving at least 2-inches between mounds. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until it springs back in the middle when touched and the sides have browned. Remove from oven to cool completely while still in pan. Peel cookies from paper.
- Makes about 12 Cookies